Friday, June 19, 2009

imitating some inspiration!

I saw this scarf this week on gilt group and loved it! Of course it was $50! $50 I do not have. But I do have yarn and although it will be a little heavier weight than this one pictured above, it will still be a fun project!


I have this bright white yarn that was left over from some christmas stockings my mom made this past winter... but I wanted to mute it down a bit. So I used all four packs of this left over dye- mind you with 1997 dated on it. And with the 75% acrylic in the yarn I had some odds working against me! So I extended the dye time from 60 mins to 3 hours. I dyed it in our kitchen sink and just left it while I went to our knit night and then rinsed it after I got home.

And here is the yarn! The gray looking one is the yarn that was dyed (although it is really a warm wheat color) and the pinks are much warmer and richer than in this picture. I might use both pink yarns to make the scarf the right size and also for added interest.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...