Tuesday, July 14, 2009

a pillow for Lesley

Lesley and I are redoing their second bedroom/office/ guest room! It's been a lot of fun. So far we painted the room, I have made curtains, a new pillow case for a long throw pillow... yadda yadda. I don't want to give it all away so stay tuned- more pictures to come!

Tonight I am working on my own little idea for her room. This pillow is a guinea pig for possible ETSY products to sell in my shop.

This picture above is the inspiration for the pillow. The large graphic coral print to be precise. 

1st I went out and bought a pre-made pillow- 18x18". Then I bought canvas and this matching stripe fabric. I made a pillow case complete with a recycled, green zipper at the bottom for added pop and function for washing.  I am going to embroider a yet to be determined coral shape on the striped side with this pastel pinky color- in keeping with the subdued yet fun color pallet of the room.  Since the room is primarily in all blues it needed a warm punch- hence this pillow!

Stay tuned as I will post pictures of the room and other sewing projects in the next week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...