Thursday, August 20, 2009

what's been going on?

The weather has been so stinking hot this week in Maine- we are talking low to mid 90s!!- that we have been doing our best to cope sans air conditioning. Luckily our two fans have been holding up to their great task and today the heat has subsided and I am no longer covered in a layer of sweat!   Here is our ice tea we made yesterday on our back porch. Hibiscus Ginger- which really ended up looking like kool aid!  But it was refreshing!

The Heat has also helped along our rather dormant tomatoes.  Poor things they have been through a lot this summer- loads and loads of rain resulting in some mold and now extreme heat.... they have been tasty but not  the crop we had intended.... maybe next year.


Here is a sneak peak to a project  I have been working on- I will blog once it's complete.  

Besides trying to stay cool and sweat free, I have been consumed with a secret project for the last two weeks of my vacation!  Hence the lack of posts. I will post the entry with the project after I get back From England at the beginning of September! 

In the fall I hope to give a little more structure to my blog with three postings a week.

I have big plans for the fall- including painting, marketing myself for murals, for sewing and perhaps for some interior decorating things (in addition to my 8-5 job!)  but I think it can all be done! So stay tuned!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...