Wednesday, January 20, 2010

combating the winter doldrums...

It's only the middle of January and already I find myself getting restless and pining for the days of sandals and walks to the farmer's market... However, I will admit a fresh snowfall always picks me up a bit. Perhaps it's the potential threat of a snow day, or just the clean white frosting coating all the trees along my drive to work, either way luckily that part of winter has not gotten old. And although I don't have a quick fire way to get over cabin fever, I offer some photos to merely document my January in New England.

"She came in through the bathroom window...." The view from our bathroom window. Yes we are 6 inches from the neighboring house. And we haven't had quite the dump of snow to cause a complete black out of this little portal... but the ice cycles do for now!

Look closely, and click on the image to enlarge if you must- there is a blue jay in this Cypress looking out from our kitchen window....

And for my Birthday on Sunday the 17th, Cam made me home made eggs benedict with salmon tomato and onions! He's quite good at making hollandaise sauce!

Good luck with your winter! The bright side is the sun is waking up a little earlier and staying up past 4:30! So there's always a silver lining.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...