Friday, February 19, 2010

dear diary...


I've had this entire week off of work, and its been fantastic!

My etsy sales have been strong and consistent bringing the total to 14 so far for Feb, the biggest month since Urban Knitfits opened in September. Looks like my new twitter presence since January is really paying off! As a result I have some custom orders I am knitting up, as well as some spring pieces to keep the shop current and up to date with the up coming spring season.

We are still looking to move in April now... the search has yielded minimal results with the occasional perfect apt coming along- great location, affordable and an actual upgrade from our current apt- but then- no dogs... so that's been frustrating. And just when I think we can hold out and stay here a few more months, something crazy happens- ie no hot water during my shower, waking up to yelling and the general over all poor insulation of our current abode making every syllable heard. And there comes a time with the age and state of a house- where you feel like you are vacuuming up the deteriorating walls, and when I go to clean, chunks of the baseboard effortlessly chip off onto my sponge....

In the mean time I am focusing on finishing up my knitting orders- and then I will finish my couch redo I started a while back. Fingers crossed it will turn out! To give a little hint- after totaling up the cost of fabric for a slipcover, I am opting for an alternative- painting the couch with fabric paint, could be terrible, but if it is, I have some back up plans. I have the first light coat painted on, and the fabric is not stiff or odd in anyway- except color. Once the next few coats are applied I will stencil or free hand some textile/modern prints over top as seen in the above image. I'm excited. But I have to get the custom knitting completed first before tackling the next step of the couch this weekend! so back to it, I go!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...