Saturday, February 27, 2010

The little engine that could...

I made it to the front page of Etsy on Friday. And with every front page comes increased traffic and general knowledge of my shop! I really feel like the little engine that could. I almost gave up on my shop back in January, as sales were down and money for yarn was tight, but I stuck to it, saw it as an investment and was frankly too stubborn to quit before my first year was up. I'm glad I persevered and made new spring inventory, it's starting to pay off. My new twitter account has helped tremendously and probably more than I know at this point... Being one of the new kids on the block, especially on a block with a lot of established knitters, I realized how important it was/is to design and create pieces that will allow me to be my own knitter and to offer something unique to the community, to allow myself to stand out.... It's been a great week and a great month with 18 sales so far! Things are looking good!

3 comments:

Jean Jean Vintage said...

Good for you! I think this post is just the sweetest. I'm rooting for you.

blissed out said...

congratulations...that's huge!! and don't give up!!

abigail said...

Thanks everybody! It's been really fun and rewarding!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...