Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sofa redo- project for winter!

I have this idea to do over our sofa, and I wanted to share it with my blog audience! You can see our sofa in this picture. I inherited it from my folks. Originally it was all green plaid with three seperate cushions. My mother and I redid it- when I moved to Philly. I sewed a few duvets around the three cushions- after sewing them to each other- in order to make one big cushion. Then she loving made the floral zippered cover for the cushion. This funky couch goes with everything and makes renting a colorful experience when you can't always paint! However, I've been itching lately for many changes in my life and so I am tackeling those that I can address immediately and those that are more in my control...

So here's the plan! I am going to buy grey linen fabric, sew a slip cover for the entire couch and a separate one for the cushion. (this is a big endeavor! for sure and a first) Then I will silkscreen a few areas with some fun floral/vintage/rustic images in black ink and presto! I will leave most of the pillows the same, and might upgrade them individually. I've thought about silkscreening the fabric first... but since this is foreign territory I figured I would have more accurate results once the slip cover is finished... I'll take better before pictures and do a follow up post once it's all done!

1 comment:

abigail said...

thanks! yeah its an odd shaped sofa for sure, so will take up a lot of fabric! but I can't wait.

Green chair from anthro! got it on sale, gotta love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...