Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Looking forward: new apartment and overall upgrade!


We are moving, thank the lord! As I sit here typing this entry the rain continues to fall and new leaks are popping up in our apartment. We have lived here for almost 11 months, and my friends it's time to move along.  As we prep for our new abode and for a larger space, we have been thinking about a more proper guest bed situation. (our current single air mattress isn't cutting it) After looking at countless sleeper sofas, my mother and I concluded that turning our queen bed into a Moroccan day bed would be a fun alternative.  Don't worry this will be cool, just try and visualize! (plus I'll post pictures of the completed project) 

In our new place we have a bedroom, a large kitchen a dining room and a living room. The very front room will be where the day bed will reside- and that room will also be my studio space and all around etsy hub.  Then the "dining room" the room you enter when you walk into our apt- will be the living room. Here our couch, chairs bookshelves etc will go. this makes the most sense since it's next to the kitchen. THEN when guests do come and stay their "bedroom" will be the front of the house and will be more private and more like a proper guest room.

NOW- what will Cameron and I sleep on? Well here comes the fun upgrade- we are going to get a king bed!!! And with a new bed comes the fun task of finding new bedding! Unfortunately bedding can be $$$ and often boring. But luckily I snagged these Fruit Salad- lemon sheets by Anthropologie on the sale section.   I will post entries of our new abode come April and I apologize in the meantime for any blog neglect as we pack up and move during the next few weeks!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...