Monday, March 22, 2010

A quick pasta sauce

In keeping with eating what's in the cupboard- tonight we cooked up some leftover lasagna pasta and a cream sauce to go with.  The sauce turned out really great and was quick to make so I thought I would share.

I've probably mentioned my cream sauce before in other pasta related entires but I will repeat it once again because it's so good and easy to make!

Chop 1 onion and cook it in a pan with olive oil.  Once that onion is golden and soft, add 1/3 or 1/2 cup of flour to the mix. Stir it in so the olive oil really mixes with the flour. Then add milk in proportion to how thick you want the sauce to be.  Salt and nutmeg are great additions!  TONIGHT- I tried something a little more "fun"- which is all relative to your own personal level of fun! Yes folks- I added a can of mushroom soup to the sauce. How daring, quite the back of a soup label am I! In doing so I didn't have to add as much milk since the soup provided the liquid. However I did taste as I cooked along and added milk here and there to balance out the salty-ness of the soup.

The sauce went on top of the lasagna pasta and was topped with some parm. The whole thing took maybe 20 mins tops! If I had walnuts I would have chopped them up and added them to the mushroom sauce. We have enough sauce leftover for a future use and I know I will be doing this again. Next time I might try the squash soup.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...