Saturday, May 15, 2010

A baby sweater NEW to my knitting to do list....


As some of my readers may know by now- my husband and I are expecting our first baby in November!  I've been reading some baby books in preparation and one of the things that keeps coming up- is how during your last trimester, and specifically the last month and a half some serious nesting instincts kick in. Thankfully I have a lot of projects on the back burner and hopefully this spark of energy will finally inspire me to tackle some of them. In the mean time I've begun to search through ravelry's website to find a cute baby sweater pattern.  Since we are not finding out the gender of the baby, and it will be born in the fall --in MAINE, I figured I would work with the tried and true gray eco wool that I LOVE.  
The above picture is my inspiration, except my sweater will be a solid gray and I plan on using bigger and fewer red buttons- making it easier for knitting purposes (less button holes) and dressing purposes!


Here is the lovely eco wool! You get 478 yards for $15!!! plenty for left over projects! On a side note- I had this little revelation the other day... while reading some paper work from our midwives, I got to the prep list for the birth handout- ie supplies etc. And of course included on the list was clothing for the baby. Now I know the baby will need clothes, I'm a "girl" I get clothes, that's the fun part, but some how when it was included on a list like that I had this little mental montage of all the baby home birth videos I've watched and all the stories I have heard and read.... the amazed expressions on the mother's face as she holds her baby for the first time... it's crazy that transition between womb to the outside world. I remember a few years ago staring at my niece the day after she was born and saying to my brother- she was in your wife's stomach (uterus) yesterday! wild.

anyway.... tangent. SO Baby sweater, yup here 's the inspiration and I'll share the progress and the final result whenever I get cracking. I think I'll make it for size 6 months...?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...