Monday, May 31, 2010

Instant Cookies- by Pillsbury, a review


If you saw our grocery chart brimming with 90% produce and fresh ingredients you would not expect to see a packet of instant cookies in the mix.  But on Sunday, after having to cut our Memorial Day weekend way to short in order to get back for the husband's 2am baking shift- I felt like we needed a little pick me up, a treat if you will. And when I saw this little packet of instant cookies by Pillsbury with its 0g trans fat, no high fructose corn syrup, or added artificial preservatives- I thought, alright let's try this!

We made a crazy dinner Sunday night- a pasta recipe from our Jamie at Home- cookbook with the most awesome stinky cheese sauce EVER and a cucumber salad from the Barefoot Contessa cookbook (will blog w/ pics & details soon) we were so full that the cookies had to wait just one day. So today, after returning from a little memorial day hike- the time had come for our taste test. The result- GOOD. Of course what beats the joy of an instant warm cookie!? So effortless and very tasty, plus the added benefit of these guys being void of trans fat etc....  I still cringe at the idea of buying things with loads of packaging and ultimately I will just not buy something if I feel it has too much packaging or essentially if I stop and realize the amount of packaging is not worth it...  But I splurged. Plus this packaging was relatively minimal- consisting of a cardboard tray= recycle, and its plastic packet. And although this isn't something I would do once a week, I recommend them if you are in a pinch for a little set of 12 cookies, or want to treat yourself!  It's the best 12-15 mins cookie experience!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...