Monday, May 24, 2010

Resources for Selling and Succeeding on ETSY



As the end of May is quickly approaching I am gathering all my "eggs" together to hit the ground running with my three etsy shops this summer.  So I thought I would offer some links that have helpful tips and advice on how to succeed on ETSY.

Everything Etsy- has a great section called Running your Etsy Business complete with articles that address made to order vs in stock inventory, how to survive the pause button, and focusing on your fans, etc.

INC.com offers a great article on how to MAKE Money on ETSY.

From the Etsy - Quit your Day job-blog dlkdesigns offers advice on setting up shop and what she would do differently if she knew then what she knows now! PS: check out all of the QYDJ articles! There are some consistent tips that each seller has found success with- mainly twitter, listing items almost everyday, or even a couple times a day... etc etc

Etsy Success Reading Tips.

AND sign up for Etsy Success weekly emails here.

I hope this little list is both helpful and inspiring.  One thing I have learned and seen with my own shops-  I sell more when I am the most active. This might seem like a no brainer, but it's true. I have had the most success when I have been the most invested- making new pieces and listing items frequently, and having a consistent twitter presence including interacting with fellow twitter folk- both customers and fellow etsy sellers.

It's helpful to keep this all in mind as I turn my full attention to my shops this summer as my primary income. It feels a little daunting sometimes, BUT I've seen it work in the past and I've learned that it takes a consistent commitment- and if you LOVE what you do and have a market for it than it should sustain your interest and ultimately your income.  GOOD LUCK!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...