Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The 2nd Anniversary- Cotton, the fabric of our lives


Well here it is- our second anniversary and it's the year of cotton.... and I'm at a lose. Usually I am so great at gift giving, if I do say so myself.... but this year with $$$ the way it is, mentally I just couldn't go there so I put it off. PLUS last year we said we would buy ourselves new cotton sheets for our 2nd- and with our new King Bed in April we bought 2 sets! Sooooooo..... wait what's my excuse? and we have badass vintage tablecloths that I used to decorate the tables at our wedding and later in the summer at our big party.... so that idea is taken.    Last year was paper, which was fun- I was given a sketch book and pens and I made a cool diorama for Cam using a pic of us from our wedding day see our paper gifts here.... and check out Last year's blog post with more pics from our wedding day. Later in the summer I bought Cam a cool photograph of a bee keeper (something he wants to do) from a student at Salt. The photograph is framed and hangs in our bedroom.

In the mean time while I mull this over- here are some ideas for COTTON I have found through searching online: linens, towels, cotton hammock, furniture, rugs and carpets- hmmm this is actually on our nesting to do list...

anywho, I'll let you know what we come up with, but ultimately the important thing is having a nice meal together and traveling down memory lane and taking time to be mushy and all that stuff with a netflix movie in the mix and a walk with little dog.

*Update! we bought some nice new COTTON sheets this summer for our anniversary!

2 comments:

sarah said...

we are dorks and like to go out to dinner and then buy something for the house that we have been wanting. the first year we bought 2 photographs. this year we bought... wait for it.... totally sexy radiator covers! but they were something we couldn't otherwise justify and they were mad bank considering their size. sigh. although, i must admit every time i look at them i think of our 2nd anni!

abigail said...

lol- so true sarah I agree! Hence why a fun rug would be awesome! I'm all about planning a memory like a dinner, etc or having something for the house that you will have for many years to come.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...