Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The 6th Month bump & DIY Maternity Dresses




Behold the 6th month bump for those who've been asking for an update! We just had our 6 month appointment with our midwives on Friday, where we chatted about new developments- ie all the kicking and movement, we also listened to the heartbeat and munched on some banana bread. The kicking has been so intense lately one night my resting arm was kicked right off of my stomach and then another night my whole belly moved in two different places- yup there is a little person in there... it's really sinking in!

Yes the bump has been getting pretty majestic of late and thus the desire to make my own maternity dresses and tops has been growing right along with it.


In a previous post I shared some styles from popular clothing websites that I could adopt for my own maternity dresses. The material will be linen- a natural linen color and a gray- at least. Something that breathes well during the hot summer months and can be easily layered over jeans etc come my last trimester in the fall.

Above is a little brainstorming I did the other night in my sketchbook. (click on the image to view larger) 
I'm excited for this project. And after my little sketch session I have a better idea on how to sew theses without a pattern. Next step: purchase fabric then sew! Stay tuned, as I will share the final products along with a little "how to".

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...