Friday, December 31, 2010

A hat for Sophie!


Last Christmas I knit hats for my Niece and Nephew. Unfortunately that year I was not the best at judging kid's head sizes- now I know better! Kid's heads are always so deceiving, they are actually pretty big even though their bodies are small! ; ) And so last year's hat is now too small for my niece so I knit her a new one! I used this super soft baby alpaca yarn that is two tones of pink spun together- it's like a cranberry pink!  I made the pattern up and added some vintage white buttons to the side to finish it off. For sizing I basically made it an adult small, and then wove a piece of yarn through the brim and tied it in a bow to allow for the width to be adjusted as she grows, and then eventually the yarn can be taken out!


My sister-in-law sent me this text message picture today of my 4 yr old niece wearing her new hat, she's so darn cute! Can't wait to see them at the end of January!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...