Thursday, January 13, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 11 &12


30 Day Challenge: Day 11

My Thoughts: I decided to paint a more "complete" shell for day 11. This little guy just appealed to me.  Overall I am happy with the outcome (you should have seen the one that came before this- yikes!). During this series I've realized another reason I am drawn to painting these shells, besides their decay and patina, they really fit in nicely with my color palette. It seems most artist's have their own color palette- colors they naturally gravitate towards... and I guess mine are pinky earth tones...? Anywho. This painting measures 8x5 inches.


30 Day Challenge: Day 12

My Thoughts: I am counting priming my boards for oil painting- as day 12. When you have an 11 week old baby- time is of the essence and so I figure anything that I do in prep for painting can count, especially when it's painting gesso on my boards, there is a brush involved!

Today I also added some of these "30 Day Challenge" paintings to my etsy shop! And I think I will add Day #11 to the shop along with the next few successful painting yet to come...

Check back in tomorrow for Day 13 and for Friday's "Weekend Project" post!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...