Friday, January 7, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 6






30 Day Challenge, Day 6.

My thoughts: Today was a lot better than yesterday, Thank God!  Maybe it was the shell... or something... not sure. But anyway I was more carefree and relaxed while painting, so that probably had something to do with it. Today I found it hard to stop painting to take enough "process" pictures- evidence that I was more "in the moment".  I like how this shell looks like a landscape. I also like the soft bottom edge. I need to do more edges like this one- where the pigment just sits on the edge of a puddle of water and you can see the white of the paper shining through. (click on final image to see what I'm talking about) I think tomorrow I will not start the painting by drawing the outline of the shell with paint, but maybe work from the interior out to the edges- maybe this will allow for more of the soft watery edge I enjoy in this painting.

Check back in later today for my "Weekend Project" post!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...