Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday Inspiration: Street Art "Before I die..."



Artist, Candy Chang's street art installation in New Orleans is the subject of this week's Monday Inspiration. In grad school I dappled with creating Installations (here and here) mine where private and personal... not something I always felt like explaining or sharing with big groups... silly, yes, but as my love of Installation art grew so did my desire to take it to the streets. The possibilities are endless and I enjoy the message of Chang's piece and it's interaction with the community. And what an appropriate city to have such an installation- one that is still very much in the process of rebirth and setting new goals.

If you are in New Orleans you can see this house at 900 Marigny st- at the corner of Marigny and Burgundy. Read more about the project and check out the pictures HERE.


Have a great start to your week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...