Monday, June 20, 2011

Paint by Number. A roundup on Etsy




Late the other night I was meandering around on Etsy and came across this darling little Paint by Number painting- Lobster Boats! It's so cute and reminds me of Maine. As an artist I have acquired a lot of art over the years- from fellow grad students through trading work and some through inheritance (completed by ancestors etc- it runs in the family!) and so Paint by Number paintings always seemed a little cheesy. But I find that I love them, sue me! There is something so sweet about them. I love their pastel palettes, vintage feel, and the concentration that went into them- the yearning to paint a good painting to hang on one's wall, to be proud of it.  SO I was inspired to do a little round up of some of my favorite paint by number pieces on etsy.  I once saw on a blog a whole wall of paint by numbers, it was rather impressive. But I do like the idea of just having a few as well.  My favorite is the above- Lobster Boats. (hint, hint!)














Which one is your favorite?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...