Tuesday, July 19, 2011

cover art


How great is Gillian Welch's new album cover!?  I love it. I just purchased the cd and am easing my way into these lovely songs, becoming acquainted with each story and melody... perfect for summer. ah her music makes me want to live in the middle of fields on a farm with kids and dogs running around getting dirty and being content and happy.  Thus the cover really fits the music. Read more about The Harrow and The Harvest HERE.

After searching around on NPR's website I came across these videos about the making of the cover art by Aardvark Letterpress in L.A. (more proof why you should purchase the actual album rather than download it from i-tunes, dangit!) And listen to the interview on Fresh Air with Gillian Welch and David Rawlings.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...