Thursday, March 8, 2012

What to Watch: Documentaries and other Comic suggestions...


I watched two movies on Wednesday night- SOOoooo decadent! I really needed a night to just sit in one place and veg (while knitting of course). And I'm here to report on those two documentaries plus some other lovelies I have yet to write about.


First Up- "Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey". I joked on twitter how I watched this, because you know life with a toddler means I don't get enough Elmo everyday. (We only watch one Elmo video religiously.) Anyway, I really enjoyed this film. A great story about a boy following his dream and how the Elmo character, after a personality makeover, found a much needed niche within Sesame Street. And like a true mom, I was in tears during the moment when ill children get to meet Elmo as their ultimate wish. Check it out.


Immediately following the Elmo film I watched Bill Cunningham's New York. It's the perfect mix of fashion, all things New York, with a sense of the dying artistic history of the city... a must see. Bill is both charming and curious. It was a lovely film. Made me think that maybe I should be more daring with my wardrobe!?


Last weekend I watched Dawn French's series "Girl's Who Do Comedy" where she interviews her fellow comedians about their upbringing- thus how they became comedians, the relationship between being funny and being beautiful. You can watch all three episodes on youtube (in parts). And in my opinion the girl's series is much more interesting than the boy's. ; )


Okay, and let's talk about the tv series "Parenthood" if you haven't been watching, you have some catching up to do. I'm not one who typically gets hooked on tv shows, and I'll admit I was skeptical about this one at first. Even watching this season 3 trailer makes it feel more dramatic than it actually is, which don't get me wrong it has it's "COME ON!?" moments. But for the most part the show is very believable. The writing is really good and the acting feels very genuine... the familial fights and constant interrupting feels pretty authentic. Plus the show pretty much has me crying every week. Which I blame motherhood and hormones, er something. I'm not that much of a sap, but hot dam they get me! So do watch it, and start from the beginning with season one. The third season is the best so far, in my opinion.






And lastly, check out Fox's "New Girl" if you haven't already... It's a silly show about four roommates who all live together. It's quirky, perhaps a little "generational" but it's a nice bit of levity to have in my week.  So check that one out too.  Alrighty I think that's it for now. See other "What to Watch" posts for more recommendations.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...