Friday, May 25, 2012

A Knitting Lesson Learned!



As some of you may know, I knit the Abigail Cardigan this past month and unfortunately when knitting the collar I was lazy and didn't count how many stitches I was picking up along the edge... I think I must have picked up double and as a result the collar became wavy and wouldn't lay flat. I assume it was a similar result to cutting out a sewing pattern against the wrong side of the fabric's grain, your piece will feel like it is constantly turning on you as if it had a life of its own.   And so, I concluded after so many hours spent on this sweater I couldn't crap out at the very end and settle with this lazy mistake. So I ripped out the collar and started anew. Which didn't take me as long to knit the second time around since I was working with less stitches. Looking at the Before and After picture here, I do like the wave towards the bottom of the first sweater, but it was the neck area that drove me a bit crazy. (I can not speak to my sudden 15 lb weight gain or aging that took place in the second photo, but there you have it!)


I love the sweater, I just wish is wasn't getting so freaking hot here already. And obviously I should not wear a shirt with such a pronounced sleeve beneath it, not flattering! Live and learn. You can check out my new knitting to do list HERE.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...