Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Love Letter to Summer... the last one of 2012?


I really wish there were 37 days in August this year, or 50... it just seems like the summer speed up right at the end and I'm not done going to the beach, playing in the sun, gardening... I haven't eaten enough soft serve or gone on enough bike rides. I didn't canoe, or chill in a lake... there's still so much more I want to squeeze out of the summer. This time of year and moments like this, remind me of a line from the Indigo Girls song "Mystery" where they sing, "I could go crazy on a night like tonight, when summer's beginning to give up her fight..." I love that idea, that visual... because that's the beauty of the seasons, their finiteness. And you bet that summer will fight it out in all her glory, until she graciously lets Autumn shine forth with her crisp days.  And so, here is my final Love Letter to Summer, I hope you enjoyed this series, and look for my Love Letter to Autumn weekly series starting next week!





 












No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...