Thursday, January 31, 2013

Skulls, snake skins and a wire sculpture- adding more "Obje" to our home


My Mom is organizing and editing her collection of awesome and funky objects, so her children are picking their favorites. Here's what I chose. Above: Beaver skull with dried hydrangea, apothecary jar of snake skins, piece of petrified wood, wire lion sculpture my mom made, and a turtle shell. And below is where I put these news treasures.


Our mantle received most of the goods, and they fit in nicely with my existing collection.


The snake skins are now grouped with my jar of quail eggs.  And the turtle shell now sits amongst my rocks- covering the outlet.


The right side of the mantle has the usual suspects, but now there is a wire lion sculpture in the mix!


The beaver skull didn't physically fit on the mantle plus it couldn't compete with the bear skull, so now it sits on the little blue dresser in our dining room, that houses napkins and table clothes. The petrified wood (not pictured) is on our recipe bookshelf opposite the dresser. Always so fun to get more funky pieces for the home!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...