Friday, November 7, 2014

An ant ascends a mountain and a kite is rescued... New Illustrations from GrayDayStudio


I've had a pretty productive week... diving back into my watercolors in order to continue to build my illustration section of my portfolio. I'm feeling really inspired and enthusiastic about everything with my art career. I'll admit it can be rather daunting to be at such a foundation stage of my career.. to continue the faith so to speak. Everyday I have to renew my commitment and optimistic attitude that this will pay off.  And it will.

In the meantime, I wanted to check in and share a few more paintings I made this week.

Above: Ant Ascends Peony Mountain, is a watercolor and gouache painting. I am diving back into my vault of reference images I have taken over the years and this one could easily be elaborated on and turned into a book, or used as a single image.


"Rescuing the Kite" is a little imagined elaboration of a picture I took this week of our daughter with our neighbor standing upon the tree stump in our backyard. I'm enjoying giving myself little one-off paintings that evoke a story.


And another one from the vault of stored reference images- this painting I made of our daughter's dollhouse last year long after she received it for Christmas, as the helium leaves the balloon.

This week I also tweaked my website and finally have a better layout for each portfolio section.  I'll continue to tweak it I'm sure, but for now I am so much happier with it and actually want to share it more.

SO here it is!!  GrayDayStudio.com

Also don't forget you can save 20% off my etsy shop with code November14 at checkout, so scoot on over!

Have a Great weekend!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...